Monday, May 2, 2011

Long Live the Ginger Beard & Mr. McGregor

Went back to work today and I honestly didn't think I was going to make it the whole day, I'm still having alot of discomfort with my mouth/jaw. I also have a small bruise on either side of my face where my tooth was, since I don't wear much makeup I didn't realize this until about 2pm, so for the rest of the week I'm going to have to wear foundation and concealer. And my chin is still numb, I called the doctor today because I wasn't sure this was normal or not, I'm assuming this just lasts longer with some patients than others, he said if it is still bothering me in a week that I should go back and see him again. I am really hoping this goes away soon cause I can't take anymore mouth trauma or time off from work. For lunch I tried to eat Wendy's chili and a vanilla frosty which was kind of silly, I barely made a dent in either so that's what I'll be having for dinner, with some mac and cheese. I'm so sick of soft food so I figure it's time to get creative cause I'm soooo hungry!!!

MY SUPER SMILE =D (the night before...)





On a side note, Conan is one of my favorite shows on the planet, he is so funny and enjoyable to watch, ever since he's been on TBS I don't think I've missed more than one episode. A week or two ago there was a clip of Will Ferrell saying he will be on the show May 2nd and that he was going to shave Conan's beautiful ginger beard off. It's a pretty immaculate beard that has filled out gloriously since he's been back on the air, it looks great on him and Will Ferrell is threatening to cut it off. Well today is May 2nd, I will not be missing tonight's show, the beardpocalypse is here and I HAVE TO KNOW IF COCO WILL WAKE UP BEARDLESS TOMORROW!!!


Now, on to movies... Early last week John and I watched the non fictional book turned movie 'I love you Phillip Morris' starring Jim Carrey and one of my top 5 favorite actors, Ewan McGregor. I love a man who can sing, dance, weild a lightsaber and camoflague a Scottish accent with a southern accent. He's a chameleon who can play any role that's thrown at him and this movie is a perfect example of that. In this first person narrative Stephen Russell (Jim Carrey) tells the audience about his life, how he was adopted as a baby; he is a perfect member of society, a cop, and a family man. However, there is something that is a secret to everyone but him, he is gay. Gay gay gay gay gay. After a potentially life threatening car accident he decides he is going to embrace his homosexuality, stop living a lie and be himself. Since living a flamboyant lifestyle is expensive, he ends up becoming a criminal. Eventually he finds himself in jail and meets an adorable, soft, blonde haired, blue eyed Phillip Morris, no not the cigarette guy. They hit it off immediately, however Phillip is getting transferred to another block and they do what they can to keep in touch and learn things about eachother. Now Stephen knows how to get what he wants and how to make things happen and he gets his way to his new love, they end up sharing the same cell where their love blossoms into an adorable full blown relationship. The rest of the movie basically plays out like 'Catch Me if you Can' with a gay undertone. With a roller coaster of a plot, funny and tear jerking scenes this is a well rounded movie. Farewell for now & happy viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment