Sunday, July 24, 2011

holy nudity batman

A pharmaceutical rep, a Parkinson's patient and lots and lots of nudity. I didn't know what to expect with this movie, Love and Other Drugs, it's somewhere between a romantic comedy and a drama. And let me say I didn't like this movie one bit. I really enjoy both of the stars but even they couldn't save it for me. I understand that relationships have their ups and downs however, I don't think that is a very good device in a film. They are fully naked for several scenes and I found it very uncomfortable, normally that would not bother me, however in this movie I think they were intended to look comfortable with each other and that is not the way I perceived it. I felt like I could see their thoughts and their thoughts were 'I'm getting paid to do this'. I also get very annoyed when a token pretty girl is cast as a weird/quirky/free spirited indivual. I don't think Anne Hathaway was a good fit in this role, I don't think she is a good actor, she looked like she was just reading lines as she thought they should be said, she was not believable and she has disgusting boobs that should not be shown on camera. Whatever. Farewell for now & better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment