Sunday, May 22, 2011

Brutality for Breakfast

First I'd like to share some new photos. I dyed my hair brown yesterday!! I'm very excited about the new color!


This morning I watched The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I actually woke up at 9am, and if you know me at all you know this does not happen, I only wake up before 11am on days that I have to work and most of the time I'm a zombie until lunchtime. So anyway, I figured I'd take advantage of being up so early and watch this movie that I borrowed from a friend of mine and I've had it so long it had been collecting dust on the shelf. I've seen people reading the series and people had told me how good this movie is so I had very high expectations. And let me say, I was not disappointed, not one bit, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this movie whatsoever. I must warn you though, this is one of the most raw and gruesome movies I've ever seen. I consider myself pretty desensitized to violence and graphic images, however this one was far beyond anything I'd ever seen. Since they are solving a murder case you expect some brutality, however they take it above and beyond, with several violent and gut wrenching rape scenes, photos of dead and mutilated bodies and a brief torture sequence it can get difficult to stomach at times.

What I like about foreign films is that the main characters are not the sheer images of perfection that Hollywood shoves down our throats. They look like normal people, not super thin with perfect breasts or men with flawless hair, skin and jawlines. The actors are not perfect and the nudity is not glamorous, but it is real. This is not for the faint of heart but if you are looking for a thriller and want to be totally vested in movie, this would be the one. Way to go Sweden, I look forward to watching the next 2 movies in the triology soon. Farewell for now & happy viewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment